Just a little stressed right now...

I'm a book loving, crafting, dry-felting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, old movie loving, husband's business developing, over-whelmed MOM. Between the house, house work, kids, husband, the cats, dog, work, church, extra-curricular activities for the children and now school for me too ... I haven't quite figured out how to put everything together smoothly without occasionally misplacing my cars keys.



Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Gramma was right, again!

Me: "So, how was your first day of school?" dtr: "Terrible!" Me: "Why terrible? Didn't you have any fun?" dtr: *silence* Me: "Who did you play with?" dtr: "No one." Me: "Didn't you play with Suzie?" (Names may have been changed to protect their identity) dtr: "No, well, a little." Me: "Did you have any fun?" dtr: "No" She has been doing this since JK. She's only 7. What is it going to be like when she is 17? She'll probably just make guttural sounds while glaring at me though a curtain of hair. My Grandmother told me what goes around comes around. She was so right! Eventually, she will start to spontaneously and erratically share information. But it takes a while and if I push she just digs in her heels. "Sigh" Why are girls so complicated? Actually, now that I write this I think that she is over-whelmed with all of this information. New people, new class, new teacher, new homework... Maybe it just takes her time to sort it out before she can share it? Kinda like I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment