Just a little stressed right now...

I'm a book loving, crafting, dry-felting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, old movie loving, husband's business developing, over-whelmed MOM. Between the house, house work, kids, husband, the cats, dog, work, church, extra-curricular activities for the children and now school for me too ... I haven't quite figured out how to put everything together smoothly without occasionally misplacing my cars keys.



Saturday, September 04, 2010

School Lunches

Only 3 more sleeps until school begins and it couldn't be more welcome. My kids are driving each other, and me, crazy. So for the past few weeks I have been slowly getting things ready; purchasing new duds, going through their last years clothes to see what still fits and fretting about what I'm going to make my little monkeys for their lunches. I think they must be two of the handful of children in North America that do not enjoy cold, canned or processed meat. (Actually Mr Man does enjoy a hot dog once in while but you know what my Dad used to call those? Chicken lips and @$$#*!&S) So, for the past few years I have sent my daughter to school with cream cheese sandwiches. I know, ew, but I was desperate to get the little monkey to eat. And she has passed her dislike for cold meat, etc to her little brother. So for his first year of school it was also cream cheese sandwiches for him. (Please don't judge me too harshly) Of course, I like to provide my monkeys with the four food groups. So, I also packed fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese (hard cheese only please, she won't eat cheese slices either), fruit cups, puddings, carrots, raisins, etc. But, I think I have now solved my meat dilemma. Last weekend I made meat balls from hamburger and sausage, oregano, marjoram, onions and mushrooms and stored the cooked balls in the freezer. I figure I can give my little monkeys little meat balls subs or spaghetti and meatballs for their lunches. Thankfully they said they were awesome and are looking forward to eating them. Today I made meatloaf. I made enough for two meat loaves. The one is for tonight but instead of making the second into a loaf I made it in muffin cups. I will send them to school with a little corn and mashed potato on top so it's like a mini shepherd's pie cupcake. Ha! NOw a just have to see if they bring me home empty lunch pails. (I would have taken photos but my cameras in for repairs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment