Just a little stressed right now...

I'm a book loving, crafting, dry-felting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, old movie loving, husband's business developing, over-whelmed MOM. Between the house, house work, kids, husband, the cats, dog, work, church, extra-curricular activities for the children and now school for me too ... I haven't quite figured out how to put everything together smoothly without occasionally misplacing my cars keys.



Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Is it possible to be crochet illiterate?

Am I a complete idiot? I can't crochet. I used to watch my Gramma crochet. I loved the peaceful, and seemingly, easy rhythm of the hook, yarn and fingers. It was mesmerizing. But, I can't mimic the same rhythm. Aargh, I am looking for that peaceful, methodical movement and I am instead finding frustration. Now knitting, I "get" but I want to learn how to do this well. I hate not being able to do something well, especially when I try so hard. There is a rhythm that I can't follow, like the two-step. My father tried to teach me the two-step, my sister tried and my husband has tried but I still don't "get" it. I can't get into the rhythm, I don't hear the beat the same as they do. My sister says that I have to step in-between the beat. I think I'm looking at crocheting wrong. I need to google it on Youtube. I'm sure there might be something there to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment