Just a little stressed right now...

I'm a book loving, crafting, dry-felting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, old movie loving, husband's business developing, over-whelmed MOM. Between the house, house work, kids, husband, the cats, dog, work, church, extra-curricular activities for the children and now school for me too ... I haven't quite figured out how to put everything together smoothly without occasionally misplacing my cars keys.



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring clean-up can be an unending circle of torment

WHy do I always go overboard when I do spring clean up? It starts small and then I work myself into a frenzy only to be feeling like an achy old lady by bedtime. Besides looking after the kids, doing laundry and other mom stuff, I decided to clean my windows. Which wouldn't have been so bad but then I decided to clean out the garden, that I could see from my freshly cleaned windows. But, before I could do that I decided I should remove the 100+ pickets from my white picket fence. Afterall I could reach the leaves under the fence better and I need to paint them before the lilies grow too tall. So I removed the screws from all of them, then I noticed that some dirt needed to be scraped off that had gathered under the pickets before it started to rain. So I scraped at the dirt and flecks of paint and then I started to rake the leaves. As I was raking the leaves I noticed that the lawn needed to be edged. So then I edged the lawn and raked the leaves and picked up garbage (hiding under some of the leaves) that some lovely pedestrians decided to thrown onto my lawn. And, my lovely little darlings helped me (Thank God). I have the best kids in the entire world! Now, needless to say we are tired and sore and ready for bed and I am left wondering what the heck was I thinking. Why couldn't have just left it at a nice, clean window? Oh yeah, because I could clearly see my messy lawn. (sigh) I'm scared, I still need to clean my patio windows. Oh, what fresh Hell awaits me in the backyard?

No comments:

Post a Comment