Just a little stressed right now...

I'm a book loving, crafting, dry-felting, jewellery making, scrapbooking, old movie loving, husband's business developing, over-whelmed MOM. Between the house, house work, kids, husband, the cats, dog, work, church, extra-curricular activities for the children and now school for me too ... I haven't quite figured out how to put everything together smoothly without occasionally misplacing my cars keys.



Thursday, April 08, 2010

Computer link for kids (www.starfall.com)

Since it s a very rainy day it got me to start worrying about what I would be doing with my kids this summer on dreary days like this. My kids like to play on the computer. I thought I would share this fun educational site. (I learned about it from my kids actually). There are word hunts, seasonal activities, etc. It's a safe site. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fun comment on my blog. Read through a few of your posts today - we're a lot alike! I'm a real girl too and find the utmost happiness in the simple joys of life. And I love crafing too. I work as a programmer at a public library and lead craft classes for my patrons (which are wildly popular and always with wait lists). I'm wracking my brains trying to come up with ideas for the summer. I'm thinking a fun and simpled beaded dragonfly pin, some flashy flip flop idea and...? Maybe some spa mixes or something like that. Anywho, just wanted to let you know I stopped by. I'll try to keep up with you and perhaps glean a little inspiration:) Have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terri, Here's a link that might help you. Thanks for the comment. :)

    http://www.theknackkids.com/

    Do you use theme weeks? If you do it can help you narrow your focus. You could use a Green week, a Bug week, Fantasy week, Beach week, Silly week... You could plan an activity in the morning and a craft in the afternoon and rearrange the activites according to the weather if you have to.

    For example, a Fantasy week could include a princess day for manicures, making bath salts, making crowns, etc. A prince day could include creating a dragon papier mache that they could hang in their window, creating princely costumes from cereal boxes and other recycled material.

    Silly week could include a backward day where everyone wears their clothes backward and reads stories backwards. Or everyone could dress like their mom or dad. Hope those ideas help. :)

    ReplyDelete